Informational packets are available for pick
up in Mrs. Gross-Smith's STEM classroom
(413) the week of August 20-24.
The S.T.E.M. Club is open to 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students that are interested in hands on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math related activities.
S.T.E.M. Club Meetings are 2:45 pm - 4:00 pm on
- September 13
- November 8
- December 6
- January 8
- February 7
- February 21 - mandatory meeting
- March 7
- March 14
- March 21
- April 1
- April 4 - Mandatory Meeting
- April 8 for anyone that needs it
- April 9 - STEM Expo
- More meeting could be scheduled if needed in March to prepare for the Expo.
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math – oh my! Our RSMS S.T.E.M. Club and over 400 other middle and high school participants will engage in the annual STEM EXPO, on April 9, at Middle Tennessee State University, in Murfreesboro, TN.
The Middle Tennessee STEM Innovation Hub encourages students to engage
in projects involving a process of inquiry in response to a complex question,
problem or challenge. These rigorous projects help students learn key
academic content and practice skills necessary for success such as
communication, collaboration, and critical thinking. The STEM EXPO will
showcase original projects by Middle (5th - 8th) and high school students from
the STEM Hub partnering school districts across middle Tennessee.
All student projects must belong in one of the following categories:
- STEM Research: Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Biotechnology, or Medical/Veterinary Medicine.
- Engineering: Mechanical, Industrial, Civil, Aerospace, Automotive, Environmental, Biomedical, Chemical or Electrical.
- Technology: Computer programming, games, designing application or designing websites.
- Agricultural STEM: Farming and Animal Husbandry.
More information will be given out about the Expo and additional meetings will be scheduled as needed.